Skyward by Joan McNerney


Skyward

Another hot day at

the playground filled

with shrieks from kids

tumbling down slides.

 

Shouting boys hop on and

off the whirling carousel

as girls sing songs to

double dutch jump rope.

 

Waiting for my chance

on the swing.  Finally

one is free as I clutch

the metallic link chains.

 

I pump myself up

pushing pass trees,

feeling cool breezes

brush over me.

 

All the noise is far below

as I rush towards

blue skies.  My feet are

walking on clouds now.


Joan McNerney’s poetry has been included in numerous literary magazines such as Seven Circle Press, Dinner with the Muse, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze, Blueline, and Halcyon Days.  Three Bright Hills Press Anthologies, several Poppy Road Review Journals, and numerous Kind of A Hurricane Press Publications have accepted her work.  Her latest title is Having Lunch with the Sky and she has four Best of the Net nominations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady