Waiting For Her by Angelica Grace Lee

Waiting For Her

Shadows underneath his eyes
Hours feeling like centuries
Empty hearted, empty handed,
With only false hope to hold onto
Waiting for her

He wants to right his wrongs
Has nights full of tears and regrets
He is the man who can’t be moved
Forever sitting on that rough pavement
Waiting for her

He will pull through every storm
Listening for the clicks of her little red rain boots
Her hair tied up with a little red bow
To tell her he was sorry
For everything she had lost because of him

Passerbyers, friends, family members
They can’t mend his broken soul
He only wants to breathe life again
With you by his side
You’re the only one who can make him feel whole again

Save him, please save him
He’ll make it up to you if you give him a chance
He’s so sorry he had to leave you so young
He’ll make it up to you, he’ll wait for you
No matter how long it takes


Bio: My name is Angelica Grace Lee and I am a senior at Lowell High School. I am passionate about giving back to my community and would like to major in cognitive science, psychology, or legal studies in college. Currently I am a San Francisco Police Activities League Senior Cadet Sergeant as well as an intern for SFPD's CSI Unit. In my spare time I run a Facebook group called "Kindness in the Darkness" where I share heartwarming acts of kindness in hopes of brightening the days of those who may be suffering dark times. I have been the creator and administrator of “Kindness in the Darkness” since 2011. I also enjoy writing poetry and composing song lyrics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady