Goodbye By Desiree Cady

Goodbye

So many times I have let you in
Just to play with my emotions
Yes, it is true, love may cause tears
But mine could have filled the oceans

I am finally free of the chains 
You once held over me
Now you want to come back
We'll make it work, you beg and you plead

If I thought for one second That things could change
That the words you spoke were true
I would sacrifice my happiness for my family
That is the girl you thought you knew

But I have had time to examine myself
I have also met someone
I have learned there is more value to me
And I deserve better than what you have done

I stood by and gave it my all
Through so many torturous years
I am smiling now most everyday
I will not go back to the tears

You had a good woman
One who loved you til she had nothing left
But what I was doing to myself
Was leading me to a slow death

You made your choice 
When you walked out that door
Left me heartbroken in pieces
Lying in my tears on the floor

Now be a man and own up 
To what it is you've done
You no longer wanted to play the game
Now just accept, it's over, you won.

©2017 Desiree Cady All Rights Reserved


Bio
I am a 33 year old mother of two beautiful girls who have been my saving grace. After a brutal attack a few years ago, I have been plagued by PTSD. After the attack and a few suicide attempts, I vowed to tell my story and help inspire others to get help and to know that they are not alone. 
I am currently wrapping up two manuscripts for publication and am set to be published in an upcoming anthology that will come out mid - November.
You can find more of my work at
Www.Facebook.com/Gemini.allure 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady