White Roses by Blanca Alicia Garza

White Roses 

A white rose and
hear "I Love You"
from your lips 
was all I wanted 

The "I Love You"
got stuck in your pride

The White rose
waits in a notebook 
of unfinished poems 

A love left hidden 
in the shadows 

A love left to starve
to death 

Perhaps love has given me 
more thorns than roses;
but it was my choice to 
turn them into the most 
beautiful pristine bed
of white roses.

Bio: Blanca Alicia Garza is from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Some of her poems are published in the Poetry Anthology, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's published work can be viewed at The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady