Block Me Not by Blanca Alicia Garza

Block Me Not

Pieces of my notebook paper 
lie scattered on the floor 
Trying to write a poem but 
nothing comes to my mind 
The words in my head go in 
circles without making sense 
This time the writer's block 
doesn't want to leave 
I went to the kitchen 
to brew some nice hot coffee 
It's 3 a.m. and I'm still 
totally and completely awake
My only companion, my 
annoying cat sitting on my lap 
I turned on the television, 
but nothing was there either 
Just those constant brain- 
washers and bad news 
Back again to my notebook 
armed with my pen in hand 
Ready to leave a piece of my 
heart and soul in every word 
The battle goes on and this 
writer's block will not win.

(Initially published on The Poet Community)

Bio: Blanca Alicia Garza is from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Some of her poems are published in the Poetry Anthology, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's published work can be viewed at The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady