Peccavi by Sanjeev Sethi

PECCAVI
 
Thuribles of trust coax me to be myself.
In the calm of auroral currents, I inhale
without worry. In the noise of many
truths I choose my assailants.
 
One’s moral compass is as good as guilt
permits it. Whetted by His workbook
outcomes are unwemmed, though our
daemon’s are lame as our lapses.
 
SANJEEV SETHI
 (First Published in Hamiliton Stone Review)

SANJEEV SETHI is the author of three well-received books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). His poems are in venues around the world: Off the Coast, Zoomoozophone Review, Spirit Fire ReviewDrunk Monkeys, Degenerate Literature, Linden Avenue Literary Journal,Darkrun Review, The Blue Mountain Review, The Penwood Review, W.I.S.H. Press,Easy Street, Novelmasters, Postcolonial Text, Bluepepper,  Otoliths, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady